March 28, 2014

Filofax Pocket Malden Review

I know, I know. I just got two perfectly new and beautiful planners in the beginning of the week, I swear, this will be the last one! (for now). But when the famous Malden goes on sale for a quarter of the original price, there's only one thing you can do: buy it.

The filofaxshop currently has a 10 day sale of some of the luxurious Filofaxes. Unfortunately, two days after the beginning of the sale, the availability of the Malden had run out (with good reason). It's a good thing I got it the minute it hit the shelves! I must admit though, I thought the Malden was a little overrated. Compared to Mr Bourne, I thought its pocket availability was ... quite miserable. But alas, after it got delivered to my place and I had a feel, look and smell of it, it might have changed my mind a little.

Unlike Holborn, my new Malden is pocket sized (which now replaces my Red Finsbury). I haven't really found a proper use for it, so all it shall do for now, is hold my day-per-page diary. But enough talking, here comes the pictures:

Malden has arrived!

Malden's box of glory

Unwrapping Malden








From the side

Opening Malden up

Malden from the top - full length wallet!

Malden's right pocket

Malden's quite a beauty, isn't he? And although he doesn't quite stay flat right now, I bet with a little bit of training, he'll be able to stay open. After all, the leather's quite soft so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment