November 10, 2015

WEEK FORTY-FIVE IN MY MTN

This week, I'll be showcasing a layout which didn't quite turn out to plan. But these things happen, and instead of shying away from it, we should embrace it as a stepping stone to better things to come. So here's the layout:


To me, this layout was all sorts of wrong. It was too pink. There weren't enough contrasting colours and overall, it just seemed too... pink. Hah. But I worked with it and just trudged through. It probably took me a whole 15mins (only because I really had no idea what I was doing), but I decided not to dwell on it. I added my journaling - after which, made the page come together slightly - and left it at that. With the little time on my hands, sometimes I need to accept the fact that not every layout is going to come out perfectly, and all we have to do is move on!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nadia,
    I'm new to your blog but I love your creativity and flair for design and photography. I was just wondering, where do you get your week to a page and day to a page inserts from? I would like to try a similar project next year, and was wondering what was available.
    Thanks, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia! Thanks for the kind words! The inserts are from Midori and are only available at the start of every new year. If you're in Australia, unfortunately, they won't be available in 2016 - dont ask me why, that's all I know! So you might need to search for other options for the upcoming year. For me, I'll be changing to a Hobonichi :)

      Delete