February 28, 2016

MTN WEEKLY 2016 #2

Like last year's MTN weekly, I'm attempting to try out different layouts with each week. Last week was all about messy post-its (which I loved) which you can find here, but I've been looking at Instagram accounts like @greenpaperleaf and @thedailyroe recently and they've inspired me to take on a more vintage approach. I think I probably could have improved on the layout a little, but as I am still in the experimental stages, I'm not too fussed about it. Every bit has been a learning curve, about my pens, utensils and layout, so doing something was definitely better than doing nothing at all. Anyway, here's a look at my page:


And here's a little close-up:



I didn't use many embellishments in the layout and have focussed it primarily on penmanship (which needs improving!) to 'decorate' the spread. Apart from washi tape and stamps, the only other embellishment was a leaf I plucked from a trip to my local hardware store with my mum. It was super simple, but I must admit, it took me a while to decide how to fill the space. I guess I got there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment