I'd like to go through last month's goals and how I faired with them, but let's be honest, looking back, I think I failed almost all categories, and that's just no fun. So let's skip ahead to May and all the potential it may bring:
- READ: I've recently bought a number of books on fashion and memoirs from a number of sources, and I hate that I haven't been able to sit down, dig in and write some notes from it. My current reads are: Note to Self by Connor Franta (I love the visual images in it together with the diary style format the book has), The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees and Love x Life x Style by Garance Dore. I like to take my time with these because they're the type of books you can start from any chapter and will still make sense
- STUDY: To think that I don't even have a deadline for my study... but I guess that's why it's taken me so long to get started. I really need to get a start on this if I want to keep a non-stressful study timeline before the GAMSAT comes around again next year!
- PHOTOGRAPHY: I've been lacking ... severely. I'm hoping that my upcoming social events will get me back into photographing, because I really do miss using a proper camera!
- DOCUMENTATION: I admit, I've been lacking in my documentation skills recently - as said above. I've been stressing over what notebook t use (again) - passport / regular / MD / pocket / A5 ?? - but I decided that it was time to try out Passport size again. It worked really well for me previously, and I found it so hard to get back into Regular size. I still love the Regular MTN, but I need something that I can carry with me in my pocket when I'm on call or at work and write my thoughts in whenever they strike. I have a few hundred days of thoughts still buzzing in my head and they need to be unleashed onto a page.
- EXERCISE: I'm actually absolutely disappointed in myself with how much I've lacked in my exercise recently. I'd like to blame the shortened days and longer work hours, but I know I can always sacrifice a little of my morning sleep if I really wanted. I'm hoping May will give me that motivation back
- MONEY: I've been spending more of my money on clothes recently - weird, I know. Before you know it, I'll be spending it on make-up (gasp!). I guess it has got to do with my recent clothing cull of all the clothes I don't like and wouldn't wear again, but clothes are sucking my bank account dry (together with necessary medical appointments, and every day necessities). I'm slowly growing into a full adult and it's crazy! So I think it's time to start tightening the belt again when it comes to money (even though I know I'll be getting it all back with the amount of overtime shifts I'm doing this month!).
It's basically the same goals over again, but I guess it needs to be said in order for it to be done! Let's go, May!