If you've noticed that I've been slightly quiet on the social media front, you're not wrong. Remember how my goal was to continue with my crazy work schedule? Well, I can say that that goal worked quite spectacularly. It's probably illegal from how much overtime I'm doing, but I'm actually quite enjoying it. I'm still waiting for the moment where I burn out, but so far, I haven't come to that stage just yet. And that's great.
This may very well be my first (of three) days off where I've been able to sit, recollect my thoughts and do something creative (which so happened to consist of a mad rush to finish off my projects before March). I must admit though, I have been in a slight creative rut too. I've been fiddling around with my planner (again), second guessing my Traveler's Notebook and failing at my daily memory keeping. I'm hoping that a new month (and season) will bring a change to my creative life.
But anyway, here's a look at how February went and the hopes that March will bring about some new changes:
- (FAIL) READ: Still not reading. I probably touched a chapter when I was waiting around at work, but that was it. Oops.
- (TICK) WORK: Yep, still going strong. Not too sure how March will be though. Maybe I might cut down slightly to focus on new adventures with a colleague, or to catch up on my memory keeping, but I can't guarantee that!
- (FAIL) BLOG: Fact is, I'm running out of blogging ideas. I do need to create before I blog, and if I'm not creating, I'm sorry if my blog follows!
- (TICK) EXERCISE: I have faltered on days where I've been exhausted from working, but I've more or less exercise every day of February. I'm not sure if there has been any difference, but I'm hoping there is (even minimally!)
- (TICK) JOURNAL: I'm still going strong, but have missed out on journaling the last few days of February (which I will update right after this!). I have noticed that my Hobonichi has become just a recunt of my days. My deep and personal thoughts always seem to end up on scrap pieces of paper because for one, I don't carry my Hobonichi with me everywhere, and for another, there's just not enough space. The amount I write each day really depends, however. I have been thinking about a few things in my life these days, which have caused my influx in writing. Come next year, and I'm sure it'll die down again with an A6 Hobonichi being adequate enough for both my thoughts and daily happenings. For now, I've decided to recount my days in my Hobonichi while keeping my personal thoughts in a grid MTN.
- (TICK) EXPENSES: Fact is, I've been making about the same as a junior doctor (I've checked), and I'm not too concerned with spending much these days. Not working in the city means I haven't been impulse shopping much (which helps), and online shopping doesn't seem to be too interesting these days either. I'm not saying I haven't spent a bit in February, but I think it's been declining, which makes it a win for me and my bank account. So for the first time in probably a year, I'm going to scrap keeping a low expense sheet for March!
- (TICK) UPCOMING CLASS: Every time I try to start early so I don't have to rush before the deadline, it fails miserably. I must admit, my mad rush was mostly due to the fact that all my weekends have been spent working. I have managed to finished everything just on time though, so I guess that's the most important bit!
- READ: No more excuses! Autumn calls for sweater weather with a new book in a park.
- ADVENTURE: I'm still missing an adventure buddy, but now that my colleague is back from her holidays, I'm hoping that we'll be able to squeeze in some adventure time in the cooler month.
- WORK: It seems odd that my March work schedule isn't as full as it was in February, but I think I need to cut down my work time too (as much as I disapprove). I'll probably end up picking up shifts as we go, but for now, I think I need to settle on the fact that I have a 'normal' work schedule
- CREATIVITY: I need to pick myself up from my creative rut and get a move on with documenting again. After all, these memories are not going to document themselves! I'm hoping that March will see me going back to documenting memories in my Traveler's Notebook, including keeping a separate notebook on all my personal thoughts
- EXERCISE: When March is over, it will be 90 days since I first started my weight training routine. It might not be so evident physically (because I haven't really changed my lifestyle much), but I'm hoping it's still progress. It might take another 90 days before progress is perceivable, but I'll at least be halfway into my goals than I was before I started.
- SELF DIRECTED STUDY: I'm going to aim to do something new every month. I used to have similar goals each month last year, but I think I need to fit something different in my life to better myself. This month would be self-directed studying. It's been the best not needing to study eversince I ended my degree in 2015, but now, I'm itching to get more knowledge in my head. I've been mixing around a lot with ED doctors and nurses lately, and sometimes, it sucks that despite the fact that I'm a medical professional too, I don't exactly have that in depth knowledge of the drugs / terminology they use. I've picked up a few books from Book Depository recently, so I'm planning to study some drugs / medical emergencies when I can. Hopefully that will bring me up to speed and with the crowd.
Let's go, March!